Thursday 27 October 2011

I've heard this song on Radio 6 so many times, and never noted what it was and then came across it elsewhere by accident. I love it. It's got such a cool and simple swagger. The band are from Brooklyn, New York and have only been together since 12th September 2010! I think this is their 2nd single and it's released on 31st October on Lucky Number Music. Enjoy!


This next band foxed me for a while there. I thought they sounded a bit English putting on an accent of sorts and subsequently discovered they come from Oxford. I subsequently subsequently found out it's Oxford, Mississippi! So there you go. From their facebook page:

Young Buffalo was born in the summer of '09 in a small house in the country. Without much more than song ideas and one booked show, the guys began crafting a sound steeped in 3-part harmonies and pounding percussion. Young Buffalo self-released the Catapilah Demo with plans to release an EP in spring '11.

Here's their website http://www.youngbuffaloband.com

No comments: